Dragon Rouge is an independent strategy-driven design & innovation agency, big enough to cover the world, small enough to phone a friend.
From London, Warsaw, New York, Hamburg, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, and Paris, we design for brands with bold ideas and brave hearts.
We are working with a successful global cosmetics/beauty/health brand that supplies creative and trend-led products to leading retailers globally.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Conceptual Product and Packaging Designer to join our friendly creative team!
This is a broad role where you will be working across a range of duties, including product and packaging concept designs, artwork, retouching/illustrations, design administration, and working closely with the brand’s Product Development team to stay on top of trend and product research.
Experience working with cosmetics products is preferable – but most importantly, you will be a skilled, multi-disciplined designer with a broad portfolio, great artworking skills, and an advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied design role, a supportive culture, and is passionate about creating beautiful and commercial products!
Your role and responsibilities:
– The primary function of the Package Designer is to create brand statements through innovative package designs and digital assets. From concept to production
– Using briefs and emerging trends to create new and unique designs
– Ensuring product design fits the brand strategy to achieve profitable brand growth
– Working with the creative team members to plan, design product and packaging, brief samples, and artwork packaging as well as any supporting materials
– Working in a multi-disciplined manner across several aspects of design, including product design and visualisation, illustrative, typographic, and photographic art direction
– Working in line with existing brand guidelines
– Art direct photo shoots (product and/or talent)
– Art direct in-house & outside resources such as illustrators, photo re-touchers to develop elements of package and E-comm
– Planning and conducting presentations for the clients team
– 3D render and/or physically comp packages for presentations (Adobe Dimension preferred)
It’s about driving big ideas with a passion for storytelling that truly engages your client and those around you.
It’s about working with some of the best people (and clients) in the industry to create considered, beautifully crafted design that really astounds your clients and really raises the bar.
What you bring to the table (must have requirements)
– Passion for design – creative thinker that strives for innovation
– 360 Visionary.
– Passionate about big ideas and storytelling, as well as the minutiae of the design craft,
– You are focused, motivated, and engaged during the whole process: from the first briefing to the final execution (final final final iteration) of the design concept,
– Attention to detail, self-management, and organizational skills,
– You are Up to date on current trends: graphics, advertising, fashion, technology, entertainment, social, etc,
– Passion and desire to work on legacy brands that remain relevant as well as licensed brands that break boundaries year after year.
– 5+ years or more of relevant packaging design experience,
– At least Intermediate level of experience within the cosmetics sector or beauty sector, working on both product and packaging,
– Must have a strong & varied portfolio of work, including illustrations/retouching and packaging examples,
– Experience creating design work for brands that want to stand out, not blend in,
– Experience working with structural packaging engineers on dielines and materials.
– All major Adobe apps should come second nature to you. We (and our clients) are expecting a top-notch Global Level of execution (retouching and creating illustrations would be your daily challenges),
– Able to demonstrate a full understanding of the print process,
– Strong artworking experience creating and preparing files for print,
– Experience in working with cutter guides & heavy text packaging,
– Experience in typography, composition, and layout skills that ensure the integrity of the initial design.
– Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects with different delivery dates simultaneously in order to meet tight deadlines
Being Team Player
– Team-driven and experienced working within a busy agency environment.
– A collaborative approach with the rest of the creative team across all media channels.
– Work with design manager(s) to further develop designs and execute strategy
– Work with copywriters & engineers to create cohesive packaging/brand statements
– Partner with E-comm, Marketing, and Brand teams to help create assets for an omnichannel approach to brand engagement
– Partner with product design & marketing counterparts to ensure the package delivers on strategy
Communication / Presentation skills
– Excellent communication skills (English would be the main language), ability to communicate effectively with a range of colleagues and clients at different levels
– Excellent presentation skills with the ability to articulate design and vision
– Deliver clear and organized design presentations to marketing/manufacturing/R&D Teams.
– A polished presenter, you thrive in front of both colleagues and clients.
Bonus points if you have:
– Experience with 3D/CAD software (Solidworks, Rhino), Rendering software (Keyshot),
– Sustainable/green packaging experience,
– Mastery of keynote,
– Some experience in designing marketing materials (print and digital),
– A good knowledge of tracking projects on Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets),
– Motivated by uncovering new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into deliverables.
+ Working in an international company with a great reputation
+ Working for a brilliant, large-scale global brands
+ A pleasant work environment among many talented individuals
+ A wide training package (soft and technical training offer, possibility of co-financing courses and certification).
+ Wages adequate to the experience and the role in the organization
+ Private medical care
+ Hybrid work schedule and an office in a beautiful villa in Wilanów, Warsaw.
Interested in new challenges? Apply now with your Impressive Portfolio and CV Now!
Please be advised that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Contact us: email@example.com
For more information visit our website: Dragonrouge.com