London’s calling – and you might be the perfect person to answer.
We are an award-winning independent global brand design agency. We use strategy, design and innovation to ignite brands and propel them forward, with an end-to-end insight to experience offer.
A huge part of our success is down to our people and the teams we build. That’s how we ramp up creativity and innovation, and how we get the best results for our clients and their customers.
If you want to be a part of the team, it just so happens that we’re looking for a Design Director to lead on the creative delivery of corporate branding projects!
Passionate, inspirational, and with an energy to create award-winning work, you will be the driving force leading and engaging the design team. Working collaboratively with the Creative Director, you will help direct the creative output on client programs within the design studio, from concept generation through to design completion.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Leading by example to ensure that you and your team deliver exceptional creative work.
• Responsible for the day-to-day ownership for the quality of creative deliverables across a range of projects.
• Working closely with the Creative Director and Client Services to ensure that creative output is delivered within the timings and budgets agreed.
• Providing inspiring guidance and feedback to the design team during the course of projects, in the pursuit of great creative outputs.
• Building client relationships in order to effectively deliver the project output.
• Working with the new business team to either create or deliver new business opportunities.
• Designing and contributing content to credentials presentations. Being part of the pitch team when appropriate.
• Contributing to the preparation of proposals and pitches, under the direction of the Creative Director.
• Contributing to the development of proposals. Working with Client Services to ensure that process, resources, timings and budgets are appropriate.
• Contributing ideas and original content for thought pieces, conferences, blogs, social media debate and sharing information internally.
• Attending industry events.
Creative thinking: an expert conceptual designer who seeks the ‘big idea’, remains open-minded and really understands brands. Works using the concept of ‘simplify to amplify’.
• Innovation: demonstrates a passion for improvement and creating new, creative solutions.
• Influence: able to inspire, involve and engage others, aiming to create positive, stimulating, inspiring and enjoyable ways of working.
• Developing others/managing performance: able to lead, coach and develop the design team.
• Collaboration: fosters team spirit and collaboration both within own team and between teams in different parts of the business.
• Communication: able to positively communicate with both clients and colleagues at all levels, to ensure the smooth running of projects.
• Building relationships: able to identify and initiate working relationships, develop and maintain them.
• Proactivity: self-motivated, driven and ambitious.
• Flexibility: able to balance doing design work whilst simultaneously managing the team and projects.
• Planning and organizing: able to construct, own and deliver multiple projects simultaneously, personally and through organizing the wider team.
• Proven experience working as an inspiring Design Director with strategic understanding, capable of leading high-level, demanding and complex projects.
• Demonstrable experience of being ‘good beyond the brief’: consistently taking work to the next level.