Dragon Rouge is a global design and innovation business that’s different to work with AND work for. We are a privately-owned, boutique-style consultancy with French heritage and an obsession for high-quality solutions. We use insights and creativity to help our clients achieve superior brand performance.
We believe the best brands are those that go beyond expectations. They don’t just do the job – they go deeper and become the fabric of our lives. We work hard to build the brands that create more, that make a positive difference and have lasting value. These are the brands that deliver sustainable success and make the world a better, more rewarding place to be.
We are currently seeking a Strategist to join our Brand Strategy / Innovation team to serve our growing roster of clients. We see an opportunity in Greater China for a powerful consultancy, built around a handful of brilliant senior practitioners, who deliver world-class strategy, innovation and design solutions.
• Report to Strategy Director; can work independently and collaboratively within team to support the development and implementation of corporate and consumer brand strategies for clients in a range of industries
• Strong ability to seek and synthesize data from multiple sources for keen insights. Proficient with desktop research, information and data collection and analysis to help build hypotheses and frameworks that enable project plans and output.
• Organize and manage client engagements through project completion and build client relationships
• Manage project timelines as well as third party research agencies delivery to ensure delivery of projects on-time and within budget.
• Follow up on proper project documentation, invoicing and collections.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Someone with experience of working in teams that have tackled subjects like brand positioning, brand strategies, brand architectures, messaging architectures, taglines, and brand names
• Someone with strategic planning or brand management experience who enjoys being part of a environment where thinking big and being creative is part of what we do to help our client brands and businesses grow.
• Someone who has genuine empathy for the consumer, who always strives to get into their hearts, minds and contexts and sees this as the key to unlocking business value and growth for clients.
• Someone who is inspired by China’s market challenges and has the vision to see them as great market opportunities.
• A person with a strong sensitivity to Chinese culture and history, and can apply that to our solutions to help clients understand and own their brands
• 3-5 years work experience, ideally in strategic planning, brand marketing/management, product development, consumer insights or brand strategy consulting;
• Analytically-minded, with strong problem definition and problem solving skills;
• Superior report writing, presentation and communications skills;
• Some experience with both qualitative and quantitative market research tools, consumer insights and concept development;
• Client service skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and grow solid relationships;
• Preference given to candidates with some experience with both qualitative and quantitative market research tools, consumer insights and concept development;
• Comfortable working with foreign clients and foreign company working style;
• Seeking “boutique” sized company culture;
• Passion for innovation, strategy and design;
• Bachelor degree, in Business/Marketing/Communications preferred;
• Proficient in spoken and written English, equal to TOFEL score >= 600 or IELTS score >= 7